Monday, February 23, 2009

only a glimpse

I've been far away for quite sometime.... I've been reflecting a lot these past days.

I remember when I use to live and breath only to write and paint. Everything was art to me. I miss that.

So, I've decided that I really want to get back to being me.

I've been feeling very inspired by many people and places and I truly feel that I have reached a turning point in my life where I don't have to settle anymore. I feel like I have cut myself short from reaching my true potential, and well.... I'm over it.

Here is poem that I randomly decided to write. It's hot off the press. I think I would like to call it A Thousand Words. I painted a small picture of my self and you know what they say...


A Thousand Words

I am a tree, that sun flower reminds me of me, but I also have wings, and my ears can scream.

I relate to my cat, she knows where it’s at, she wants to be near only when she’s near, and that’s the end of that.

I sing really loud but without any sound, I only dance when no one else is around, and often wonder what it’s like to be the ground.

I whither after I grow, have nowhere to go, but I never let it show.

My face is cracked, but no one asks who is that girl behind the mask?

I am a tree, that sun flower reminds me of me, but I also have wings, and my ears can scream.


I really like it. : )

I think I should probably go to sleep now. This is the first night in a while that I have gone to bed really happy.

Goodnight!

4 comments:

Rhianna said...

I really like the poem! And I've missed you on here, I'm so glad you are back! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh my bestest friend...I miss poetry days. I was reading a book by G.K. Chesterton for one of my classes called Orthodoxy and it reminds me so much of us-he talks about only those who don't sit and dream & only those who don't write poetry truly go mad...so don't go mad and don't get away from yourself! I love you and I'm really excited about this journey you are on! I miss you more than I can type in this short comment box...

Lil Hippo said...

Brittany that is a beautiful poem! I never knew you had this talent.

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back Miss Marie! I've missed you. I love your poem. I actually thought about how nicely it would translate into ASL. Maybe I'll interpret it sometime.... Anyway, love you and glad you're back! :)