Sunday, March 1, 2009

adventures in h2O

The other day I was so thirsty! I normally bring my own agua, but on this day I forgot to. When this happens I usually buy some in the food court. For only twenty five cents I can get a huge cup of water, but the mall wasn't open yet and I had a client coming in soon. So.... I walked to the vending machine and they want a bone a half for a bottle of water! I couldn't believe it! But since I was so thirsty I decided to shell out the buck fifty to quench my thirst.



So.... I go the vending friend and insert my dollar and it tells me that I need exact change. Well, I don't have exact change so I tried again.... and again, didn't work. So I thought I was being really tricky and put my other dollar into the machine next to it and pressed the coin return. Take that you exact changer you!

Much to my annoyance the coin return gives me this:


UGH!!

But lucky for me there is yet another machine neighboring my water enemy. So I put another dollar into that one and you know what it did? It ate my dollar!!! It wouldn't give it back! What a jerk! So rather than kicking the darn thing I bought some mints.

By this time, I had already run into my client and she was patiently waiting for me so I ran back to the salon, grabbed some quarters, and dashed back down the unfriendly vending friend. And guess what?

IT WOULDN'T TAKE MY CHANGE!!!!!

So, I pretty much wasted several minutes desperately trying to get water only in the end to be left terribly thirsty! Ah!



3 comments:

Rhianna said...

Well, as I read this, I could just see the whole scenario playing out! How funny! I'm sorry you were still thirsty in the end, I hope you eventually got something to drink! :) Thanks for sharing the story!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like something that would happen to me! That is terrible! I probably would have murdered the vending machine though.

Lil Hippo said...

sure sounds like you had a great day. :) I hate when i'm thirsty and i see water but i know i can't get it/have it. That drives me crazy!