Saturday, December 6, 2008

maurices sidekick

So... today I hated my tank top. It just wasn't the one that I really wanted. I was getting ready in a hurry and somehow grabbed one that I'm not friends with. We don't even get along. I didn't even realize it until I got to work and when I looked in the mirror I literally said, "Ugh, I don't like you!" My co- workers thought I was saying it to myself so I had some explaining to do.

Normally when I don't like my clothes I just deal with it and move on with my day, but there are some days when I have to do something about it! Today was one of those days. I decided that I was going to run down to Maurices really quick and find a different shirt. I knew which one I wanted and it worked out perfectly that they were buy one get one half off! So, I bought a green one and a teal one. These will be good friends of mine. : )

While I was there the girl working asked my opinion on a shirt for this lady that was trying to find something to wear to a really fancy party tonight. She said, "Hey, Brittany what do you think of this? She's going to a party tonight and everyone going is a millionaire!" I laughed and said, "I like it! We can totally make you look rich!"

While I was paying she was trying on her shirt and decided that she didn't like it. I saw a really cute one hanging on the back wall and for some reason I felt like it was my responsibility to help this lady look hot! So, I just helped myself to getting it down and said, "Hey what about this one? It will look really good on you!" It was a silky wrap top with a sparkly band around the waste." She said she liked but wasn't sure if it would look okay on her and was concerned that it was cut too low. So, I said, "If you want I can find a cute tank top to go underneath. It will add color and keep you covered. It looks really good to layer!" I found a pretty blue lacy tank and gave it to her to try on. All the while, the girl working was saying,"Brittany you're so nice!" I wasn't looking for praise; I was just having fun. Then the lady said,"OH! Are you helping me on your day off? Or are you just on break?!" I laughed, "I don't even work here!" She laughed at me and was full of thank yous.

She tried the two tops on and looked great, but was still a little unsure. By this time I had to go back to work. I laughed at myself on the way. It is so like me to do something like that! I later learned that she bought both tops and found some great accessories to go along with it! I'm sure she was looking like a million bucks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's funny. i guess i will have to take you shopping with me sometime!

Kabe said...

ello! I got finaly got a blog. that's so funny that you call your shirts friends. make me laugh. oh, I was in a gift shop the other day when I went to the dr. and I saw these wine glasses that had these really cool peecock (is that how you spell that?) feathers on them so from half way across the store I yelled "Oh My Gosh! Peecock's!" the little old lady working there was staring at me the whole time. I think she thought I was nuts. Me and my mom were laughing at that all day.

Rachel said...

Hey, I just got a blog. Kynsie says I am an official blogger now. lol.