Wednesday, December 3, 2008

scattered brain

Well, hello everyone! (All three of you who read this.) Long time, no type! I feel like I've been a little busy bee these days and I have fifty things I want to talk about! Hopefully I will get to them all. (This may take awhile.) If I don't it will just give me another reason to get on here and chat.

Speaking of... I always do this. I say to myself, it's okay if I don't get to everything! I'll just come back later and talk about it then. Except I think I'm just kidding about that because I never really do. By the time I come back I have another seventy thoughts racing through my head. You see, I sort of have an attention problem and have this love-hate thing with my brain!

Moving on! I suppose I should share my topics in chronological order and the only reason I remember what came first is because I have pictures! Lol.

Well, Thanksgiving was fun! I spent the day with Benjamin and my future in laws! For dinner it was just the two of us, his parentals, his grandma, and Tyler. The rest of the clan came over a little later. The food was great and I was very proud of myself for trying everything! I love to get stuck in a routine where I only eat the same foods, but not this day! Sherri did a great job making some yummy salads, but the potatoes were my favorite! (P.s. I love mashed potatoes. Sometimes when no one is listening I call them smashed potatoes. I think it sounds more fun!)

After we ate James and I went over to Kyle and Rhianna's to watch the last half of the football game with them. That was fun and Mayah was being a cutie like always! You can check out Rhianna's blog for some good pictures!

When all of the kids got back to house we enjoyed some good pie and played a fun game! Has anyone ever heard of Hoopla? It's a cranium game and it really is so much fun! I suggest buying it if you ever come across it. I found it at Barnes and Noble, but I'm sure you can get it online.

That about sums up my first Thanksgiving! The next day we enjoyed another feast at my house. Ben and I both had to work so it wasn't quite as relaxing as the day before, but the food was great! He actually didn't get off work until after we had eaten, but he didn't mind. There was plenty left!

I came home to a house full! When I walked in I saw the cutest trail of floured footprints everywhere! Ellie was baking, and it was obvious! : ) Here she is, the little flour covered chef herself!

If you recall, the last time I showed pictures of her baking she had this super serious look on her face. She was doing it again this time while she was making a pie crust! She is so cute and I just know that she thinks she was meant to do this and it is her job to make it perfect. : ) And you know what? I think it is! ; )


Here is picture of her cherry pie before the top crust went on. Let me tell you, she was so proud of herself for making this pie, and it tasted great! I love to see the delight in her face when she knows she did well. : )


While the Baking Bonanza was going on, I'll show what everyone else was up to!

Aunt Saysa (Teresa) and Ainsley were enjoying some crackers in the living room, and here are my brothers hanging out in the computer room playing guitar hero. Paul is on the left and Randy is the one glaring at me for taking his picture!

Dinner was ready so we all enjoyed turkey, smashed potatoes, rolls, various salads, and stuffing. My mom and my sisters did the cooking, and it was yummy! : )


There were thirteen of us total and surprisingly our table just can't seat that many! Lol. So, we end up scattering through the house to enjoy our food! This year, I wanted to sit at the table with my mom, and sisters and the girls. For some reason we were missing a chair and I really didn't feel like hunting it down so I grabbed on of the chairs from the kid table. : )



Haha, it worked just fine! I had place to sit and I was closer to my food! It doesn't get any better than that! : )

After dinner on Thanksgiving there is normally not a whole lot going on. Everyone else is tired and ready for a nap, but I'm always the first to want pie! It was great by the way. My mom makes the best pumpkin pie!

I think that's all for Thanksgiving number two. Now I will move on to Thanksgiving number three......

Just kidding!

I am moving on to Sunday! I told you this may take awhile. Are you ready of another adventure? : )

On Sunday, we decided we were going to go to Olympia. We love Olympia and we find ourselves there quite often, especially now since we are planning a wedding. ; ) It seems like we always have to best conversations on the way home. I love it!

Since I was planning on blogging about our day I had to, of course, take pictures on the way there! : )


Chase and Becca were also going to Olympia that day so we decided to meet up with them at Red Robin for lunch, and it just so happened that the night before Ben got Red Robin gift card so it was perfect. : )

We had just enough on our gift card to cover our lunch and leave a small tip! I wanted to leave a little more but didn't have any small dollars so I rummaged through my wallet and found some coins to add to it! We always try to leave at least fifteen percent so I was happy when my coins were just enough!

Lunch was fun and we all were very full. It was nice to spend time with Becca and Chase! It's something we have been trying to do more often, and I like it! ; )

After lunch we headed to Costco! Where I found something lovely. : ) I have been saving up my tip dollars since summer so that by the end of the year it would equal five hundred dollars. I refer to it as my five hundred dollar fund! When I started saving I didn't know what I was saving for; I just knew that I wanted five hundred dollars to spend on something great for our house someday!

I have had my heart set on a memory foam mattress for as long as I can remember and eventually I set my heart on buying one with my five hundred dollar fund! But no more than that! Now, when I decided something there is no changing my mind so if I think that I will find a memory foam mattress for only five hundred dollars then there is nothing that can convince me to spend more!

And guess what?! Costco just happened to have a queen size memory foam mattress for none other than five hundred dollars! I know five hundred sounds like a lot, but for a memory foam mattress it's really cheap! And technically, since I used my tip dollars, my clients paid for it. : )

So, here it is! My long gone five hundred dollar fund!!


Doesn't it just look so compfy?! : ) Before we bought it I kept telling Ben, "Don't worry, it will fit in the car! It has to fit! We'll be fine!" That was until we got it outside and I realize just how small the backseat of the car was! Lol. Instead of worrying I decided to keep saying it will fit and also take pictures! : )

The picture is sort of dark, but he's just pretending to be annoyed! And even he really was annoyed I would still post the picture because it's all for the sake of my blog!


It took a couple minutes to assess the situation. All the while I'm still taking pictures and laughing and telling weary on lookers, "No worries! It will fit!"


At this point I decided that if I really wanted the darn thing to fit in the car I should probably help him! A few sore shoulders and a smashed thumb later we got it in the car, and I couldn't have been happier! You know why? Because I was responsible and saved up all my dollars and bought this all by my self!!! : ) And because the realization of getting married is starting to sink in more and more each day and I love knowing that I am going to spend the rest of my life with Ben!

I think that might be everything for now. Except I still have things to say, but my brain is scattered and my thoughts are splattered!!!

Ciao!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am one of the 3 readers. :)
I loved your scattered brain because I can track right along with it.
Is there anything cuter than those flour covered eyebrows? Maybe the smile that goes with them...what a great job. (of course then later in the post is that handsome young man!)

Bekah said...

I'm one of your three readers too! I love reading about you and Ben. =) Ezra and I bought our bed about 2 weeks before we got married... (better late than never.. twin beds just wouldn't work!). It was a strange feeling staying at the house by myself for two weeks knowing he would be with me in a couple weeks!! =)
I'm so happy for you two! You are a wonderful, happy, perfectly fit couple.

Rhianna said...

I am one of your 3 readers, too! :)

You never cease to make me smile and laugh! Thanks for sharing all the fun pictures and stories!

I love Ellie and her serious attitude towards whatever she is doing. :)

The bed story was great... :)

You are a great blogger....all of your stories are so fun and entertaining! :)

Callie Dreams In Color said...

Brittany! I am one of your three readers but wait how can this be...three people before me...it just doesn't add up...perhaps you are more popular than you thought! :) Enough dilly dallying...I love you and your adoration for smashed potatoes, Mt. Olympus and the finer things in life(which is coffee of course though it was not mentioned in this blog I know you still love it!) I can't wait to see you so we can talk about adventures in person though it is oh so fun to read! Only 11 more days!! Yay! PS. Great job on the mattress!