Tuesday, November 25, 2008

aaaah!!!

If I was a screamer, I probably would have this past week. Lo siento for the lack of posting. (I'm bilingual, you know. Kind of)

Anyway, I don't think I have any great pictures of my week. I take that back, I do, but I'm going to save them for another post.

Can I just tell you about my week? Maybe you will feel sorry for me or just laugh.

Um, where should I start? Okay, first of all.... Our paychecks got lost! Somehow UPS misplaced them so they ended up being four days late. (This is something I would expect from DHL. Haha.) Anyway, I wasn't feeling very worried because I knew they would get here soon. That was, however, until my new paycheck BOUNCED! Yes, like a rubber ball soaring through the air and crashing down only to jet away again. Like, really, how can my check bounce? Ugh! So annoying!

Of course, my check was returned after I had payed bills, tithed, bought wedding stuff etc. etc. So, suddenly I was left with negative dollars and then I managed to have an emotional/mental breakdown at work! This is sort of hilarious because I don't really cry. I think maybe twice in the past four years has anyone ever seen me teary. So, on this day, I was stressed, really mad, and overwhelmed so I just decided to start bawling (okay, I'm exagerating) at the FRONT DESK with my clients and coworkers just staring at me!! I rushed to the back room before I could make eye contact and one of the girls finally asked if I was okay. And I said, "Oh sure! I'm just bawling like an idiot. No problem!" Haha. Later that day she said, "So, are you going to be okay? I mean, you were kind of scaring me because you never cry. I just didn't know what to say and everyone else was like... um, maybe we should say something to her!" Maybe it's not funny, but I just can't stop laughing about it!

Okay, moving on.... While all of my check garbage is being recycled some other really GREAT things were brewing! (Just a hint of sarcasm) Um, I have a new manager now. This is the third in a year. And... even better... two of the girls quit! I'm not going to go into details because that's mean, but I will say that I am completely neutral in the situation and this makes me proud of myself!

Also, I lost my wallet! Except I did't really lose it. I thought I did because I hadn't seen it for two days but it was just playing hide and seak under my dresser! I didn't bother calling the bank when I thought it was lost to cancel anything because I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY ANYWAY! I'm sorry thief, the person you took this wallet from is BROKE. Somehow her paycheck bounced, ever heard of such a thing? P.s You're under arrest!!!

Okay, I think that might be all I have to say about my mundane week. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think mundane is the word I would use to describe your week.

Missy, I didn't know you found your wallet! I am so happy about it, I was almost nagging Ben to go dig it out of his car somehow even if he did say he couldn't find it. It's almost like my debit card falling on my foot to have found it on your dresser. Yea!

I guess all I can say about all that mess is that it has got to look up from here, right?

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry you had an emotional breakdown! Sounds like a tough week... atleast you can laugh about it now. :) I still can't believe that your check bounced...

Rhianna said...

It's just so crazy... all in one week. I'm with Becca though, I still can't believe your paycheck from a large corporation bounced!!! I'd race your coworkers to the bank after the next check, lol!