Tuesday, November 11, 2008

fun with friend

I hung out with my great friend, Kimmie, tonight! We have been friends since we were in Junior High, but very rarely have we ever hung out. I guess life has just snuck up on us and somehow we lost track of time and managed to not spend any together.

Anyway, despite the lack of hang out time, Kimmie and are great buddies! We have really been through so much together and I know I can always count on her being there for me. When we were in Junior High she was the only Christian influence I had in my life and I remember that I always admired her and wanted to be just like her! Back then I would have never guessed that she would morph into a life long friend. It's silly how things just happen like that. :)

Tonight we decided that it would be fun to go to dinner. We went to the Thai Carrot. Anyone ever go there? I've only eaten there a few times and the first time I didn't know there was such a thing as a picture menu. (To all the first timers I recommend looking at the picture menu!) I couldn't recognize half of anything they were trying to offer so I just settled for some steamed vegetables and rice mostly because I knew those words. Lol. Tonight I just got rice with peanut sauce and much to my disappointment there was something in the peanut sauce that made it a little spicy. Don't get me wrong, I love me some spice but unfortunately I am so allergic to peppers and anything that has to do with them! Apparently what makes the sauce spicy is chili pepper and I'm assuming that it is made out of some sort of pepper. I'm really not sure if I have an allergy to that, but I wasn't about to take my chances! So I ended up just eating some good old plain rice, along with my allergy medicine. Mmm. ; )

The best part about my dinner with the hilarious spoon I was given with my rice! It was huge, and probably considered a shovel! Here are some good pictures of me being obnoxious about it!

Look at that thing!

It didn't even fit in my mouth.

Well, I guess if I can't eat with it I can always use it as an eye patch!

And here is the lovely Kimmie eating her chicken won tons. She is much nicer at the table than I am! Lol.

See? Isn't she cute?!

After dinner we just had to get Starbucks! I've decided that there is always room for Starbucks. Tonight I was feeling like a big brave dog and I tried something new! Ta da! (You have to understand that I don't do well with "new") I tried the salted caramel hot chocolate and it was delicious! I highly recommend it! I'm not sure what Kim drank. While she was ordering I tried to use the restroom, but the womens was being occupied so I just decided I would sneak into the mens, except when I ripped open the door one of the employees was so kindly changing the paper towels! I guess I wasn't so sneaky! And then after being caught red handed, I realized the womens really wasn't being occupied; I was just pulling on the door wrong! Oh well, it gave me a good laugh!

And then.... We spent the rest of our fun evening at The Yarn Corner. It was knit night, and I had never actually gone before. Kim is really into knitting right now and she is doing so great! I'm impressed. I've known how to knit for quite awhile now, but I don't knit very much and I only know the basics. Maybe one day I'll be a pro!

Look at us! We're so cute! : )

It was really great to hang out with my friend tonight! I so appreciate her and her friendship. We have got do this more!

Farewell!

6 comments:

Rhianna said...

Kim is great, and I am glad you got to spend time with her! :) Looks like a great time.
I love your pictures, makes me feel like I was a fly on the wall throughout your evening!

Unknown said...

Thnaks for sharing your evening. The pictures are more fun to see on here than on your camera! :)

Anonymous said...

Kim is a closet Star Trek fan. Ask her about it. :) I want to go to the Thai Carrot.

Unknown said...

Brittany, that spoon is dangerous, watch out with that thing!!!! Sounds like your evening was soo much fun.

kimberley said...

I LOVE YOU! That was so fun Britt and I have to say I almost bawled like a baby when i read about our friendship in Jr. High. It meant a lot to me too.

And YES we need to do this more!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Um can we please have a fun night when I'm home at Christmas and we can wear our amazing coats! You guys make me want to bust my knitting out again. I think I'll have to get on that.

Love!