Saturday, November 15, 2008

oh what a night

Tonight my sister was over for dinner and, of course, she had her girls with her. Ellie is almost six and Ainsley is nineteen months. They are just the cutest little girls and two of my favorite people! I have a great relationship with both of them.

Anyway, after dinner Ellie stops me in the kitchen with something behind her back and told me to pick a hand. I could see what she had, but acted as if I had no idea. : ) So, I picked a hand and I was wrong so I picked the other and I was wrong again! So, I said "Hey, how did you do that?!" She laughed and said, "I switched hands, silly!!" She finally revealed what she had and it was cookie dough. She smiled, " Me and Papa are going to bake cookies!" Then I said, "Does Papa know about this?" She giggled, "Not yet!" I thought this was really cute. : )

Before they made cookies she just had to have an apron on. "I don't want to get my clothes dirty, you know!" She reminds me so much of myself when I was little. Ainsley, of course, had to have an apron too! And she reminds me of my younger sister! ; )


Off to baking they went! Ellie is so cute while she is making cookies. She is always so focused and they have to be perfect. I'm sure she feels it's as if she was meant to bake!

Yum!


See how focused she is?

While Ellie was perfectly forming the cookies, Ainsley was being cute toddling around. Ellie is the sweetest sister. She always says such nice things to Ainsley, so during this time she said, "Ainsley, you are such a good little helper! You're a cute little chef!" : )

The term "little chef" reminds me of the movie Ratatouille so I chimed, "Oh like Ratatouille! You know, Little Chef?" Ellie paused and then laughed, "Yeah... and she's the rat!" We couldn't help but laugh. Didn't I say she was sweet?

While the cookies were baking we laughed and played and Ellie set up a little tea set so we could all have "tea" when the cookies were ready. They were great!

Mmm!

Ainsley decided she would join us on the couch while we watched t.v. She loves Ben. It's really cute. So, since I was planning on blogging about the night I asked my sister to take a picture of us, but she just couldn't figure out my camera!


So funny!

Have I mentioned Ellie is hilarious? She decided it would be a good idea to do this after she ate her cookies:






Um, yes, those are my underwear thank you very much! (Am I allowed to show you my undies? Oh well!)

Anyway, I think it is very safe to say that there is never ever a dull moment with my girls around!!! : )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that was fun!
could Ben bring me some of that cookie dough? haha
loved the video.
I agree, very cute girls.

Rebecca said...

I don't think I've ever seen Ainsly before, she's so cute! Ellie says the funniest things...

BrittanyMarie said...

Ainsley is so cute. I would have posted more pictures of her but I didn't have many. Most of the time when we are together she wants me to hold her. Lol. She is my buddy. Ellie is too, as you can see, we have fun together!

And, we are out of cookie dough....

Rhianna said...

Oh how funny. Ellie cracks me up!
And the video of Gidget trying to take your pic is hilarious... lol.
You are a great blogger, I always love your stories... now I have a place to go if I need a good laugh, then I can read all your stories. :)
PS. I am excited for Mayah to get to come over and play at your house when you and Ben are married... it will be so fun for her!